Sunday, February 25, 2024

Retail Problems - Self Checkout

 With all of those complaints I see on social media about using self-checkout and having to ring your own merchandise, my reply is, you can go to a register with a cashier.  No one is forcing you to use self-checkout (SCO).  And SCO is for 15 items or less, not a cart that is overflowing with merchandise.

Here are a couple of things seen and/or heard at SCO (alcohol edition).

I had to card a woman for her alcohol purchase.  Apparently, it was a non-alcoholic beverage.  I told her that it might contain a small about of alcohol.  The machine flagged it, so I have to se an ID.  She rattles off her birthday.  I reply with, "I have to see the physical ID."  I explain the state and store policy.  After a huge sigh, she digs out her ID.  When she left, I cheerfully said goodbye.  She grumbled something and walked away.

A customer came up to SCO and asked, "Is it going to freak out if I scan alcohol?"

A customer walks up and shows me a bottle of alcohol and asks, "What am I supposed to do with this?"  After a long day of dealing with customers, my answer, "I'll take it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment