Saturday, February 10, 2024

Retail Problems - New Skills for my Resume

 More strange interactions with customers that I feel a need to share with everyone.

We have this 80-year-old woman that shops with us weekly.  How do I know her age?  Because she tells me every time I see her.

My first encounter with her, I noticed she was a little crabby.  She told me that's what happens when you get to be eighty years old.  She needed help getting the bags into her car.  I offered my help and asked if someone can help her when she gets home?  She replied that she has no one.  She does not have kids.  Never married and that she is an orphan (sad, I know). 

I think this 80 year old woman took a shine to me because she always comes to me to ring her out or with questions.  One day I tied her shoe for her and got her a shopping cart.  She said she is too old to bend and tie her shoes.  On another visit she asked for a pair of nail clippers.  I told her that we don't have any.  She asked for a pair of scissors.  I hand her the scissors and she tells me that she can't cut her fingernail because it's on her right hand.  So, there I am, cutting her fingernail with a Fiskars scissors.

I am taking nail appointments, let me know if you are interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment