Friday, April 14, 2023

Retail Problems

 I've learned a lot about humans and their behavior in the wild by working retail.  And, working in a grocery store, you come in contact with all sorts of people.

When I first started this job, I noticed how people interact with me.  I got a lot of people who would grunt when I asked them questions.  Some people won't talk to me at all.  And, of course, there are those that talk during the entire transaction.  Some people are angry shoppers.  While others are just plain crabby (maybe they are hungry?).

We have regulars that shop weekly.  And we have "regulars" that shop every single day.  Not sure why they don't just stock up a little.  Maybe we are their daily entertainment.

I do know that most of our customers are friendly.

We do have "those" customers.  Customer:  "I don't want to give Jeff Bezos any more money."  Yet, here you are shopping......

Another favorite customer is the guy who pays his order with all singles.  He says, "It's my stripper money!"   I think he is a hairstylist, but I like stripper money better.

And, finally, I had a customer in my line tell the customer I was waiting on that she left her packaged meat on the shelf.  She said, "It isn't mine."  When it was his turn, he said that he saw her place it there.  Then he said, "I bet you see a lot of weird stuff."  

Yes I do......Yes I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment