Monday, February 20, 2023

Retail Problems

 I could probably dedicate an entire blog to retail problems.  I hope you are amused by these retail stories.   I know I certainly get a kick out of my customer interactions.

A guy came to my register.  When I gave him the total, he pulled out a plastic bag wallet (probably a follower of RT).  I asked him about it and his reply, "It's where I'm at in life."  

I rang up some items and the customer pointed at some items and said, "I don't need those."  I wasn't sure if that was a confession?  I don't need those, but I'm buying them anyway.  After stating this several times, she finally said, "I don't have enough money for those items."  (Thanks for the clarification)

Then there are the customers that know how to run the store.  A customer approached me and said, "You need to open more registers."  I replied, "We need to hire more people.  We have jobs posted.  It seems no one wants to work these days."

OK, and one of my favorite quotes from a customer at closing time, "They always lock the door at night?"


No comments:

Post a Comment