Monday, February 27, 2023

Earbuds

A very small headphone worn inside the ear.

I'm sure everyone knows about earbuds.  Either you own a pair (or six) or know someone who has a pair.  

Earbuds are great to use if you don't want everyone to know about the murder mystery podcast you are addicted to enjoy.  Some people use them on their work calls while others use them when exercising.  And then there are others who like to push the limit and use them for work calls (or podcast catch ups) while they are doing their shopping.

Hey, I'm all for multi-tasking.  If you are able to pay attention to all of the things that you are doing at the same time, like the car that is about to hit you as you cross the street.  The person in the aisle that is trying to get their box of cereal that you are blocking.  Or the cashier who is asking you a life or death question or telling you something important about your order.

Honestly, I don't mind when people are on the phone, as long as they answer any questions that I have, and they pay their bill when prompted.  But, if you have earbuds in both ears and you're staring off into space and I'm giving you the total of your order, then it gets a little irritating.  Especially when I have a long line of customers waiting their turn.

I'm also surprised at the number of people who wear earbuds all of the time (and not just teenagers).  Adults who go about their day with them on.  Watching how they don't pay attention to those around them frightens me when I think that they probably wear them while driving.

Do you own earbuds or headphones?

Do you wear them while out shopping?

Do you wear them while driving a car?

No comments:

Post a Comment