Friday, January 21, 2022

That Person

I think this post lists some valid reasons on why I should not drive the child to the bus stop in the morning.

Frigid temperatures here led me to drive the child to the bus stop in the morning.  Yea, I know.  Drive to the bus stop?  Why not just drive them to school?  BECAUSE IT'S 6AM, THAT'S WHY!!   As I was saying, I drove the young child to the bus stop, and we waited.  Kids started showing up as the bus pulled up.  As the bus was about to leave, I noticed a kid running down the street.  Instead of waiting for the kid, the driver took off, heading to the next stop.  I decided to do my best to help out in this situation and started honking my horn like a mad woman to get the drivers' attention.  I even rolled down the window and asked the kid if he wanted me to drive him to the next stop.

I'm going to stop the story right there and we can step back and analyze look at this scenario. 

It's 6am and I am honking my horn like a crazed lunatic in a quiet suburban neighborhood.  Yea, not much to say on that subject.  Moving right along we have the fact that I am offering a kid a ride to the next bus stop.  Let's add in the fact that I have no idea who this kid belongs to or where he lives in the neighborhood.  So, in simple words, we are strangers.  The kid is probably thinking that I am a psycho lunatic and just wants to get away from me as quickly as possible.  

Getting back to the story, as suspected, the kid declined my offer for a ride, was turning around to head back home when I noticed the bus stopped.  I yelled, "Hey, the bus stopped!  Hurry up and you can go hop on!"  

When I got back home, I realized that I must have appeared as some scary psycho perv offering some strange kid a ride in my car.  One of us could have gotten hurt (probably me).  

You will be happy to know that no one was harmed in this situation.  The police were not called.  I was not taken away to jail.   I was not kicked out of the neighborhood (yet).  Oh, and the kid was able to get the bus and make it to school.  

No comments:

Post a Comment