Thursday, August 12, 2021

Are you an even or an odd?

A number is an arithmetical value that can be expressed by a word, symbol or figure that represents a certain quantity.  It is used in counting, making calculations and to show order in a series for identification.

We use numbers every day.  There are numbers on a clock, price tag, recipe, keyboard, phone (when you have to actually dial a phone number), calendar, gasoline/diesel prices, bank balance and your age.  The list goes on and on.

As you get older, your age is easily forgotten.  You don't tell everyone how old you are or how old you will be on your next birthday.  Well, maybe some of you do.  When your birthday rolls around, you do a little math and the result is your current age. 

Every year, on my birthday to be exact, I reflect on my age.  Not about how old I am, just the actual number.  I notice that I have a much more positive feeling when my age is an odd number.  A little research led me to a study that stated that even numbers can be boring while odd numbers can be "slippery, uneasy and exciting."   Maybe that odd number for my age sets the tone for the upcoming year?

Do you have any feelings towards even or odd numbers when it comes to your age?

No comments:

Post a Comment