Saturday, May 8, 2021

Mother's Day

 I thought I would give everyone a friendly reminder that Sunday is Mother's Day.  I don't want you to forget the most important person in your life.   You still have time to run to the store and buy something essential for your Mom (I'm sure she can use some toothpaste, toilet paper or a block of cheese, or more importantly, a case (or two) of wine!).


If running out to the store is too much for you, maybe you can make a card at home?  All you need is some paper and a pen.

Search Mother's Day on the blog and you will get a few ideas for Mom:

pencil cup
flower pen

How about hosting a Mother's Day Tea?  All you need is some tea and coffee mugs.  You can even get fancy with cucumber sandwiches and/or cookies.

My favorite Mother's Day gift was a letter from each of my children.  Yes.  I was a little frightened when I first requested a letter from them.  Who knows what they would write about and what they would bring up in these letters?  Turns out the letters were a pleasant surprise and are hands down my favorite Mother's Day gift ever.   If you plan on writing one to your Mother, don't fret over what to write.  She will love it and will be very happy to read it (over and over again).

If you really want to surprise Mom this year, National Clean Up Your Room Day is on May10.  You can get a head start on that celebration by cleaning up your room now.  I think that just cleaning up your room would make a wonderful gift for Mom!  This gift will be one that she remembers and will talk about in the years to come.  For some of you, this might even earn you "Favorite Child" status.

Whatever you decide to do, Mom will love that you remembered her Sunday and every day.

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment