Friday, April 9, 2021

Pennies from Heaven

 There is a saying that when an angel misses you they toss a penny down from heaven.  I decided to do a little digging and found that there is more on this subject.

I located a website that truly believes that the departed drop pennies for us here on earth.  These pennies are just symbols.  They can be sent to us because they (the departed) miss us.  Sometimes they send them to console us and to let us know that we are not alone.  And, sometimes they are sent as a warning.  The article urges the reader to take note as to when these pennies appear in their life.  These coins are a "spiritual communication tool."  If this "spirit" were to appear before us it would disrupt our life more than just a shiny little penny, which is why they toss the coin.

After my mom passed in May, I started finding dimes.  I usually find pennies and know it's rare to find other coins on the ground.  I didn't think much about the new found money.  These dimes must have fallen out of pockets, wallets or purses.  When I mentioned this to someone, they told me that an angel must have dropped these for me to find.  Well, all found dimes would lead to my mom, since this started after she passed.  

My question is this, where do these angels get all of this money that they are tossing around?  Do they bring money with them?  When you die, are you given a bag of coins and told to drop them on earth?  And, most importantly, what if, when dropping these coins, they hit someone in the head?

And, before you get all critical and judge-y, I don't believe that these pennies (or dimes) come from heaven or loved ones.   I believe they fell out of someone's hand/pocket/wallet.  They can be called lucky, because you found them (unlucky to the person that lost them).  If it makes you happy to believe that a loved one is thinking of you, then go with that feeling.

Oh, by the way,  if my loved ones are are reading this, when you are dropping money for me, can you drop a few Ben Franklins once in awhile?    

No comments:

Post a Comment