Thursday, October 29, 2020

Fun National Days in November

 Looks like it's going to be a fun month of National Days to celebrate!  


November 1

World Vegan Day

A day for those vegan curious to give veganism a try.  Try it for a day and see how you like it!  

It's also

National Vinegar Day

The perfect day for me to celebrate.  I use white vinegar for everything!  Just ask my family!


November 5

National Men Make Dinner Day

I don't think an explanation is needed for this day.   I expect dinner to be on the table at a decent time, honey.  Oh, and it has to be vegetarian/vegan friendly.  Thanks.


November 6

National Nachos Day

I didn't know there was a day for nachos.  I know what we will be having for dinner tonight.


November 8

National Harvey Wallbanger Day

My personal favorite day to celebrate.

Recipe for the perfect Harvey Wallbanger:

1.5 oz Vodka
4oz Orange Juice
.5 oz Galliano
cherry or orange slice for garnish

Mix vodka and orange juice.
Pour Galliano on top over a spoon (Don't mix!). 
Garnish with cherry or orange slice.

Cheers!

Oh, If Harvey Wallbangers aren't your thing, how about celebrating

National Cappuccino Day

Perfect drink for a cool, crisp morning.   Enjoy a cup today.  Or four, if you are RT.  


November 13

National World Kindness Day

Started back in 1988, it is a day dedicated to large and small acts of kindness.  Did you know that people who are constantly kind produce less cortisol (the stress hormone) and age slower than the rest of the population?  That got your attention!  How to celebrate?  Do three random acts of kindness today.  Smile at someone, pay for someone's coffee, give out compliments.  Search kindness on my blog and you will find many more suggestions for the day.   I think you get the idea.


 November 15

National Bundt Cake Day

What to do today?  Well, if you need a good laugh for the day you can watch the Bundt Cake scene  from My Big Fat Greek Wedding.  Or, you can try your hand at making a bundt cake.  Check out these recipes from Mix and Match Mama.

It's also

National Clean Out Your Refrigerator Day

I think this should be done more than once a year.  This day is to encourage people to clean out their refrigerator to prepare for the holidays.  Get out the soap, hot water and scrub brush (and the white vinegar!) and clean out that refrigerator!  Hopefully you don't find any science projects during the cleaning process.  (I still think this should be done weekly, if not monthly!)

and, it's also

National America Recycles Day

This day encourages recycling and the purchase of recycled products.  Reduce waste by repurposing/reusing old items.  You can even shop secondhand stores.  Saves these items from being placed in a landfill.


November 19

National Play Monopoly Day

I loved playing Monopoly when I was a kid.  As a grown up, not so much.  I always dreaded hearing my kids ask, "Can we play Monopoly?"  (or as RT calls it, Monotonous)  I guess I can survive one game of Monopoly a year.  I'll be the shoe!


November 20

National Absurdity Day

This day intrigued me.  Weird, or absurd, things happen.  When the postal service opened in 1913, parents took advantage of the weight limits and mailed their children to their grandparents (why didn't I think of this!?).  So, this day is dedicated to the off the wall and ridiculous.   How to celebrate?  Use this day as your excuse to do things that make no sense at all.  It's OK because you are celebrating this National Day!  (I think this might be my weird dog's Pippen's holiday)


November 23

National Espresso Day

We can't have Cappuccino Day and not celebrate Espresso Day!  Go ahead and have a couple today!


November 25

National Parfait Day

"You know what everybody else likes?  Parfaits.  Have you ever met a person, you say, "Let's go get some parfait."  They say, "Heck no, I don't like no parfait."  Parfaits are delicious!"   Donkey, in  "Shrek"


November 27

National Flossing Day

Good way to promote healthy teeth.  Also a great way to use up all of my (lifetime supply) of dental floss that I have accumulated (and inherited).  


No comments:

Post a Comment