Friday, July 24, 2020

Study Hall

I was taking a little break from things and decided to hand write a letter to my friend, Patti.  Patti and I have been writing letters on and off since fifth grade.  When we entered high school, we decided to write our letters in code.  The code makes it easier on you if you are ever caught by a teacher writing a letter or a note during class.  If caught, the teacher usually reads the letter out loud to the class.  If the letter is in code, they have no idea what the letter says.  This happened a couple of times and the teachers were embarrassed because they could not read the letter and gave it back.

High School was many, many years ago and, believe it or not, we still remember the code.  

This time, as I was writing my letter, I felt a flash back to my many years  time in study hall where I would write many pages to Patti.  I instantly felt like going back in time, just so I could be in Study Hall, writing a letter.  Without any other interruptions.

It's funny, because I spent so much time in Study Hall in High School and couldn't wait to get out of there, and now, Here I am, many many years later, wanting to go back.

P.S.  As I was writing this post out long hand on paper, I used some of our code short cuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment