Monday, July 13, 2020

Karen Stories

I have mentioned on numerous occasions about my retail job.  Let me tell you, working with the public can be very interesting.  Along with working retail, you get to experience real, live Karen situations.

I have accumulated quite a few stories since I returned to work after quarantine and thought I would occasionally share them here with you.  In retail, you get the super nice, kind customers, along with the crabby, impatient customers.  And, of course, the customers who go shopping just so they can pick a fight with someone.

And now, after quarantine, people have been stuck in their houses for so long with little to no social interaction, retail has been pretty interesting.  Well, I will try not to bore you.  Although, I'm sure you will find some of these stories amusing. 

Oh, and feel free to comment.  I would love to hear your reaction!

OK, here we go...

The first week back at work we had some really strange people.

I had a customer come to my register with clothes that she wanted to purchase.  I started ringing them up and she asks me about our return policy.  The fitting rooms are closed so people can not try on the clothes in the store.  I told her that she has thirty days to return the items, with the tags on and with a receipt.  She asks me: 

Customer:  "Can I wash the clothes, then wear them, then wash them again and then wear them and wash them and then return them?"

I'm thinking, so, you want to try them out for six months or just the summer season, if they don't fit your style, or the weather changes or you gain or lose weight, then you will return them?  Sure!  No problem!  

But, of course, I can't say any of that....

So, I had to tell her that if you wear and wash the clothes, then they are yours to keep.  We can't sell clothes that have been worn.  She did tell me that other stores let her do this (return clothes that she has worn and washed).  I almost asked for the names of those stores so I could avoid shopping there in the future.

Have you ever worn clothes and returned them to the store?

No comments:

Post a Comment