Monday, October 28, 2019

Dad Jeans

Dad jeans made a big splash in the media when President Barack Obama was photographed wearing a pair back in 2008.  He kept "Dad jeans" in the public eye for the next eight years.  He did, however, see the light (or Michelle threw out all of his Dad jeans) by the end of his presidency, and modified his wardrobe and added regular, normal jeans to his wardrobe.

Recently, at work, my coworker showed me a pair of jeans and said, "Wow!  Look at these Dad jeans!  They're almost an acid wash denim.  Something you would see back in the '90's.  I would never, ever allow my husband to wear these jeans!"

I took one look at those jeans and realized, my husband has jeans just like that pair.  In fact, he has quite a few pairs in his closet.  He  lives in "Dad jeans."  His entire wardrobe is based around his Dad jeans.  Of course, I couldn't make a comment.  What would I say?

"Oh, my husband wears Dad jeans."

"My husband only owns Dad jeans."

"My husband has a closet full of Dad jeans."

"Hi.  I'm Fontaine and my husband wears Dad jeans.  He has been wearing them ever since he became a Dad.  So, um..yea...almost 23 years now."

Yea.  It's my first week working there.  I really don't need to have RT's Dad jeans embarrass me at my new job.

"Hey!  That's the new employee whose husband wears Dad jeans."

I think I will just keep all that Dad jean stuff to myself for ever  now, thank you very much.

I thought I would ask RT about his problem  Dad jean addiction  problem  collection.    This is what he had to say for himself.

"I'm a Dad.  So, I can wear Dad jeans and get away with it."

So, there you have it.

I will be hosting a support group for families with loved ones wearing Dad jeans.  Our first meeting will be next Tuesday.  Let me know if you're interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment