Saturday, November 28, 2015

Phone

This isn't about just any phone, it's about my cell phone.

I've had my cell phone for 3 or 4 years now.  Yea, it's old, but it still works!  If you must know, it's an IPhone 4.  (I'm a few models behind the times)  It's in a pink Otterbox (more on that in a moment).

For those of you who don't know, the "4" only has 8GB of storage so I can't have too many apps on my phone.  In fact, I can't even update to IOS 7.  Yea, I know they have moved past 7 and are on 8 or 9  (I think).  I'm still trying to figure out how to get 7 on my phone.  I don't think it's going to happen, but, I won't give up trying.  Some apps require at least 8.  I guess I'm missing out on some of the new stuff.

So, my phone case.....well, it was/is an Otterbox.  The one that has the rubber around it (I'm a professional phone dropper).  Well, mine HAD the rubber on it, but, it kind of wore off.  At one point I had a rubber band around it to keep it on (everyone who saw it was jealous), but, then I just gave up and threw it out.  The hard pink case is still hanging in there (a little cracked from all of the phone dropping that I do).  Let's just say that it doesn't look pretty.

In fact, my family keeps telling me that it's time to get a new phone.  I have been hearing this for over a year.  A lot more, lately.  Probably because I complain that it's really hard to turn my phone on and off (again, due to the phone dropping, I'm sure).  I have figured out that it's easy to turn my phone on by plugging it into the charger.  Turning it off is another story.  If I can't turn it off, I just mute it.  I eventually get it to shut completely off every other day (or every third day).

The other day at work, I had to use my phone.  I was working with the manager and we were trying to restock shelves.  I was in the back pulling the inventory off the shelves.  I had my phone on the shelf and I went to move and my phone went crashing onto the concrete floor.  Yep.  You guessed it.  Cracked the face of the phone.  I put the case back together and held it together with rubber bands.

I got together with my family the next day and was asked about my phone.  I pulled it out and said, it works!  Everyone got a good laugh about the rubber bands (I explained that they had to be there).  Then they all went to great lengths telling me about all of the features of the new phones and that I just need to get one.

My brother told me about an app that I have to get.  I explained that I would love to, but, if its a new app I probably don't have the software to support it.  

RT said I'm now just being stubborn and that I will keep the phone forever.  I'm not a quitter.  I think I have to just to prove a point.

I'm not sure what that point is, but, I'm going to prove it.

In the meantime, I'm sure my family has set up a fundraiser for me for a new phone (and for psychological help for being so attached to my old phone).

No comments:

Post a Comment