Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Bella has been asking me for candy (from her Halloween stash).  Yes, she still has some Halloween candy left.  I'm nice and say OK, even though I know she probably already has had a few pieces to eat.  She always denies sneaking candy.  Never mind the candy wrappers laying all over the floor of her room.

Today I was cleaning under the couch cushions and along with the quarter and comb I found, there was a bunch of candy wrappers.  I had to move the couch to make sure she didn't hide any under there.  The last time I moved the couch (oh, less than a week ago) there were quite a few wrappers.
Bella denied that the wrappers were hers.

OK, lets think about this for a minute.  Alex drops his empty wrappers on the floor of his bedroom right by his bed.  Nick didn't have any candy.  If he did, he would throw the wrapper in his wastebasket.  RT throws out his empty candy wrappers (he has a couple hidden stashes of candy that he doesn't think I know about).  If I have candy, I throw the wrapper out.  If the dogs got into the candy (which doesn't usually happen) they would just eat the wrapper. That leaves only one person that could be responsible for all of the empty wrappers laying around the house.

I should be a detective.

Even with all of this information, Bella would still deny any part of the candy and the empty wrapper and storm off yelling about how life is so unfair and she is always blamed.

So, to avoid all of the drama, I just clean the empty candy wrappers up and move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment