Monday, December 12, 2022

My Weird Dog

 As I was outside picking up after my weird dog today, I was pondering the strong odor of his "business."  Why does it have to smell so bad?  What makes it smell nasty?  Why can't it have a more pleasant smell?  Just one of the scary things that go through my mind while doing an everyday chore.

When I am outside performing this clean up, the song, "Wishing Well," by Terence Trent D'arby comes to mind.  Yes.  You need to listen to the song right now.

"Wish me love a wishing well, to kiss and tell
A wishing well of butterfly tears
Wish me love a wishing well, to kiss and tell
A wishing well of crocodile tears"

Except, back in the day when this song was played on the radio, that last line sounded A LOT different.  You see, we didn't have the internet to look up lyrics for songs.  We had to try to figure them out on our own.  So, that last line sounded like "a wishing well, a crock of dog sh*#."   If you watch the video and try to read lips, that is what Terence is singing.  Given all of that information, now go back and listen to the song.  It's okay. I'll wait.

Now imagine hearing this song on the radio.  How did this get past the FCC?  Maybe singing about picking up after the dog is acceptable for radio.  I mean, someone has to do it.   Why not sing about it?  

What do you think Terence Trent D'arby is singing?

Let me know your thoughts in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment