Monday, July 11, 2022

Bike

 Got a new bike the other day.  Well, it's new to me.  I took it for a spin.  It was great flying down the path with the breeze blowing in my hair.  I rode one of my normal walking routes.  I was amazed I was able to complete the route in a short amount of time.  I imagine the freedom I have while riding a bike (except for the helmet).

I think I can write a book on bike helmets.  They are the most annoying, uncomfortable piece of equipment.  I realize the safety factor a bike helmet holds, but they are a real pain to wear.   It either sticks to my head, straight across or it hangs off the back of my head feeling like it's about to fall off.   Maybe it's just me.  I think I might be wearing a children's bike helmet (or RT's).  

The one thing that always runs through my head while I am riding my bike is how much I value my teeth.  

This all started when I was younger and riding my bike.  I knew a couple of kids who fell off their bike and lost or chipped a tooth.  Ever since then, my value for my teeth kicks in when I hop on a bike or do anything that might result in knocking out a tooth.  When I'm riding my bike and this feeling kicks in, I squeeze my lips together and even slow down a bit.  I'm not sure the lip thing gives me any extra protection.  It's more of a mental thing.

Do you like riding bikes?

Does anyone else get that strong feeling of love for your front teeth when riding your bike?

2 comments:

  1. Speaking as one of those people who chipped a tooth after falling off her bike... I don't really think about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly think that's the exact time when all of this started.

      Delete