Friday, February 4, 2022

Voice Mail #ell

We have all been there.  You make a phone call to a company and you get into their answering system.  You sit there and listen to the prompts, trying to figure out which one you should choose.  Sometimes you have to listen to the prompts a second or third time, because they don't offer a "Customer Service" prompt.  And if you can't figure out which category your problem/question fits, you just select any number, hoping they will somehow connect you to a live person.  I understand some of these questions can be answered by their system, but, they really need to add in a feature that connects you to a live person.  

I know I have complained  grumbled  bellyached  written about my hatred extreme dislike for companies that use voice mail.  Just type Voice Mail in the search box on the side to visit my other musings on the subject.  

This week I had to contact the cell phone company about dropping a phone line.  When I called in to the company, I found it very difficult to get a live person.  You see, none of the prompts included: "If you want to drop a phone line from your plan."  They have a computer asking me to explain in a few words the reason for my call.  When I say something, the robot says, ok and then you hear a bunch of fake computer typing (there can be an entire blog post dedicated to that fake computer typing.  I mean, why is that keyboard SO LOUD?)  

You will be happy to know that I successfully reached a live person (I think it was only a 30 minute wait time) and was able to cancel that extra line.  They even helped me lower my phone bill.  

As I am typing this, RT is currently in voice mail #e!! on hold with the doctor's office.  This is his second time calling in trying to get a live person.  His first call was forty minutes before he was somehow disconnected.  Right now, he is at 45 minutes and still holding.   I'm not sure how this one is going to turn out.  I do know that prayers are much needed at this time.

Do you get frustrated when you reach a company's voicemail?  How do you stay sane during your long wait time?

2 comments:

  1. I hate those answering machines! I usually just keep hitting 0 until someone comes on the line, or I keep repeating "operator".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to repeat, "Customer Service" or "Help" over and over. I have also been known to say other things while waiting, but I can't repeat them here.

      Delete