Friday, December 24, 2021

We have plenty of time

 There are two types of people in the world.  Those that like to get stuff done as soon as possible and those that like to wait until the last minute.  Sometimes these two people marry each other.

I am a person that likes to get things done ahead of time.  It started in school.  When I was given an assignment that was due in a few weeks, I got started right away.  I mean, if I'm not busy doing other homework and studying for tests, why not work on and finish that project now?  The same goes for other tasks in life, like, well, things like Christmas shopping.  I like to have that peace of mind as it gets closer to the holiday that I have things under control.

Christmas shopping can be done throughout the year.  You can be an over achiever and start your Christmas shopping the day after Christmas.   Some people start their shopping in July or August.  They don't like having anything hanging over their head.   I'm not that crazy, but, if I do see an item that I know someone might like, I will purchase it or put it on my list.  Yes, I am one of those crazy people that have a list that I keep on my phone.  I try to remember to update it when people mention a gadget or a book that they would like to read.  

Whenever the holiday approaches, I am the one that gets nervous that the shopping isn't done.  I was saying this last week.  I mentioned to RT that Christmas was a week away.  I don't think he has that sense of time in his head because he brushed it off by saying that it was more than a week and that "we have plenty of time."

It's Christmas Eve and guess who is running out to the store?

Are you a last minute shopper?

No comments:

Post a Comment