Monday, June 20, 2022

Fasting

  Fasting is when you refrain from eating and or drinking.  Sometimes this is done as a religious observance, an illness or health concerns (allergies, etc).  And sometimes you just want to inflict the pain upon yourself  fast for personal reasons.  

RT was on one of his health reviews, rambling about things that he would like to try.  Of course, while I was present for this discussion, I wasn't fully present (in other words, I wasn't listening).  During his ranting  tirade  health discussion, he mentioned fasting.  I chimed in, to show my support and that I was listening, that he should go for it.  In fact, I would join in on this fasting event.  I volunteered, thinking that this would never happen and he would never take me up on my offer to fast with him.  Of course, I was wrong.  RT decided that we would be doing a liquid diet "starting tomorrow."  By liquid, he meant water only.

Now, I'm not against fasting.  I've done it before, no problem.  But, I had some good leftovers that I was looking forward to eating.  How did I get myself into this situation?  Why did I agree to this torture  experiment?  

I decided that I would remain positive throughout the torture  experience.  My yummy leftovers will be my prize if I survive.

My day started out normal with my 3-4 mile walk.  When I came home to grab the dog for a quick walk I was greeted by RT telling me about his hunger pangs.  I continued by getting through my "To Do" list.  By noon, RT was dying  STARVING and I agreed to his idea of a glass of vegetable juice.  I was able to pull RT through  We survived until our 6:00 pm deadline.  My leftovers were waiting there at the finish line.  Funny thing is, I still did not have a huge appetite.

Since this experience, we have tried to duplicate our success.  Unfortunately RT  one of us is always starving and our fasting time ends.

Have you tried fasting?  

2 comments:

  1. I've done a couple of juice fasts for a month, but I much prefer intermittent fasting (where you eat all your meals within a six- to eight-hour window each day). Very healthy with less starvation pains.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds a lot easier (and you are able to eat yummy leftovers in the process).

      Delete